Looks like they may be releasing him in a couple of days, buts it's still speculation.
Davis likely to be released in a few days: Officials – The Express Tribune
Looks like they may be releasing him in a couple of days, buts it's still speculation.
Davis likely to be released in a few days: Officials – The Express Tribune
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
Published Feb 3:
Malik clears the air on Davis
ISLAMABAD/LAHORE: The government has corroborated the stance of US authorities on the status of Lahore double shooting accused Raymond Davis as a diplomat.
Supplementing a statement the US embassy released three days after the incident, Interior Minister Rehman Malik told members of the Senate on Wednesday that Davis does hold a diplomatic passport and visa.
“Raymond Davis holds a diplomatic passport … he travelled to Pakistan on a diplomatic visa given [to him] after clearance by security agencies of the country. Pakistan is a signatory of certain international protocols (on diplomatic immunity), which we cannot violate,” Malik said. He also claimed that he personally holds Davis’ file, which contains all his records.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
That looks like the same thing I read and couldn't find again.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Yahoo news is saying that if he is released, the Pakistani generals are prepared to take action against his release. Seems they are wanting a real ****ing contest.
Holy crap I just saw this thread. I remember Raymond. He was a beast. Powell Valley had him and Shane Tucker on the same wrestling team. Both were extremely strong dudes. I hope everything turns out good for him.
GO VOLS
I googled the latest news. You can't count on NBC to cover it while they're too busy with the chaos in Egypt, which is also important news. An American is being illegally detained and has not been given a fair trial and now major news source has really covered any of it.
Pakistan finally admitting that he has diplomatic immunity.
Raymond has diplomatic immunity: Pakistan's ruling party
Wikipedia page already up about the incident.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Allen_Davis
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
This link makes it clear that there are rogue elements in the Pakistani power structure. He is being held illegally.
Ray Davis: Pakistan Starts to Pave the Way for Detained American Release - ABC News
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
Raymond Davis is probably so deep into the military, it's scary.
The whole thing could have been set-up to expose something else, or to get 'inside' somewhere. I'm sure that when his career is finally over, he'll have an amazing book to write.
Bookmarks